DRC legal advice by street lawyers in east Ukraine

I lost my home - what are my rights as internally displaced? Where do I get new ID papers? Can I cross the border without documentation?

Ukraine: Legal assistance

DRC lawyers work in the streets of Dnipro in eastern Ukraine where they provide legal guidance. Most of the people seeking advice are people who were forced to leave their homes because of active fighting and fear for their lives due to the ongoing conflict. Questions to the DRC lawyers span a wide register of themes, but the most frequently asked questions concern how to deal with being on the move and where to find emergency aid, food and shelter.

Specialists most often explain procedures related to:

  • obtaining residence assistance for internally displaced persons
  • crossing the border
  • restoring lost documents
Read more