What we do
The Diaspora Programme operates across multiple geographies and thematic areas. Among others, our key activities include:
• Providing direct support to diaspora organizations by co-financing diaspora-led relief and recovery activities in Somalia and Afghanistan, providing technical support and offering trainings and workshops on a wide range of topics to support diasporas as agents of change.
• Strengthening diaspora humanitarian response capacity and facilitating enhanced coordination with other local and international aid providers, including the formal humanitarian system.
• Offering specialist support to DRC field operations to promote effective and relevant diaspora-programming.
• Supporting DRC engagement with diaspora within the fields of durable solutions to displacement and mixed migration.
• Developing and disseminating evidence and knowledge on diaspora engagement, contributing to ensuring relevance and performance of programmes and policies that seek to promote diaspora engagement.