There are two Advisory Boards to the Diaspora Programme: one for Afghanistan and one for Somalia. Each board consists of seven members. AB members are elected for a period of one calendar year (January, 1 to December, 31) and may be re-elected. Elections for the boards take place at the Annual Grand Meetings (November).
The mandate of the DRC DP Advisory Boards is to:
(1) In relation to the Diaspora Programme:
- Provide input and advice on overall issues relating to the DRC Diaspora Programme;
- Ensure transparency towards the Danish diaspora in regard to programme-related matters.
(2) In relation to the Diaspora Project Support of the Diaspora Programme (DiPS)
- Discuss and provide recommendations for adjustment of granting criteria and guidelines;
- Review and provide recommendations on project proposals submitted to DiPS for funding, in accordance with DiPS application and administrative guidelines.
You are welcome to contact Advisory Board members. Please do so by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
The document containing the mandate and procedures for the ABs may be downloaded here.
Advisory Boards 2018
|The 2018 Afghan and Somali Advisory Boards were elected at the Annual Grand Meeting on November 4, 2017.|
Members of 2018 Advisory Boards:
Abdul Hadi Belawal
Sohrab Habib Jan
Omar Neek Mohammad
Mohammad Naseem Popal
Sayed Abaseen Sadat
Anisa Hosai Zadran
Abdirizak Ahmed Farah
Amina K. Jibrel
Abdinasir Jama Mohamed
Ahmed Nur Osman