Advisory BoardsThere are two Advisory Boards to the Diaspora Programme: One for Afghanistan and one for Somalia. Each board consists of seven members and are elected at the Annual Grand Meetings.
The mandate of the DRC DP Advisory Boards is to:
(1) In relation to the Diaspora Programme:
- Provide input and advice on overall issues relating to the DRC Diaspora Programme;
- Ensure transparency towards the Danish diaspora in regard to programme-related matters.
(2) In relation to the Diaspora Project Support of the Diaspora Programme (DiPS)
- Discuss and provide recommendations for adjustment of granting criteria and guidelines;
- Review and provide recommendations on project proposals submitted to DiPS for funding, in accordance with DiPS application and administrative guidelines.
You are welcome to contact Advisory Board members. Please do so by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
The document containing the mandate and procedures for the ABs may be downloaded here.
Are you a candidate for the 2020-2021 Advisory Boards?
Until now, Advisory Boards have usually been elected for a period of one calendar year, but this year, the Advisory Boards will be elected for a period of two consecutive years.
This year's election for the boards take place at the Annual Grand Meetings, to be held on the November 10 in Copenhagen.
Advisory Boards 2019
|The 2019 Afghan and Somali Advisory Boards were elected at the Annual Grand Meeting on October 27, 2018.|
Members of 2019 Advisory Boards:
Sayed Abaseen Sadat
Sohrab Habib Jan
Anisa Hosai Zadran
Omar Neek Mohammad
Ayaanle Abdislaaam H Jama
Adar Mohamed Hassan
Abdirizak Ahmed Farah
Muna Mohamed Ibrahim
Abdinasir Jama Mohamed