Resettlement RosterUNHCR-DRC Resettlement Deployment Scheme
In beginning of December 2015 the DRC Stand-by Roster was officially awarded a contract with the Division of International Protection in UNHCR to become one of the four partners involved in the administration of the Resettlement Deployment Scheme. With 25 years of experience in establishing and administrating rosters combined with a strong mandate on protection, this engagement is at the core of DRC’s work.
The objective of the UNHCR-DRC Resettlement Deployment Scheme is to mobilise qualified and committed resettlement experts according to requests by UNHCR in a timely and effective manner. This strengthens the capacity of UNHCR by deploying resettlement and BID (Best Interest Determination) specialists to their field operations.
The following general qualifications are taken into consideration as a requirement for membership of the Resettlement Roster:
- Recent (within the last five years) relevant international experience (i.e. previous experience in case processing for refugees)
- Previous individual casework experience (interviewing skills, counselling skills, systematically handling cases for clients with vulnerabilities, preferably refugees)
- Legal background through education and/or work experience
- Experience working in Governmental Refugee Status Determination (RSD) procedures (on the executive or judicial side)
- Proven knowledge of the international legal framework governing refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced persons, and statelessness
- Proficient in another UN language in addition to English (in particular French/Spanish/Arabic)
- Experience from UNHCR, preferably in resettlement and/or RSD work
- Proven capacities in UNHCR protection work (based on Performance Appraisal Reports)
Applicants must be:
- Proficient in English;
- Ready to work effectively in stressful and hardship environments;
- Able to commit for active membership of minimum 3 years.
How to Apply
Applications are welcome when the recruitment period is open.
Any recruitment for the roster is announced on this page and advertised as a vacancy on the DRC´s website.
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited applications.
Only applications submitted through the vacancy posting online will be reviewed.
After review and screening of all applicants, the shortlisted candidates will have to undertake a written test. Candidates who pass the test, and are evaluated as suitable, will be invited to participate in an interview.