Roster RecruitmentThe core objective of our recruitment is to find the right candidate for the right job at the right time.
While the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Stand-by Roster manages four specialized deployment schemes, the recruitment process is similiar for the Stand-by Member Roster, the Humanitarian Logistics & Procurement Roster, and the Resettlement Roster. However, we recruit for the Humanitarian Logistics & Procurement Roster and the Resettlement Roster as demand dictates. For the Stand-by Member Roster, we hold recruitment on a rolling basis for needed profiles.
The vacancies for the Stand-by Member Roster are open for 3 weeks, and the recruitment procedure typically takes 3-4 months from beginning to end.
Please note: We only accept online applications made though the official DRC recruitment system, and only during open recruitment periods.
The following qualifications are taken into consideration as a minimum requirement for membership of our rosters:
- Solid, technical experience matching one of the specialized profiles.
- A minimum of 3 years international humanitarian field experience.
- Relevant educational background.
- Working experience from the UN.
- Proficiency in one, preferably two, UN languages. English is obligatory, while French or Arabic is an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to refugee and IDP situations.
Priority may be given to the candidates with no other stand-by roster membership.
We encourage people from all nationalities to apply.
If there is a specific roster you are interested in, please see that page for more details.
The Application Process
Through the online application, we will ask for:
- An updated CV and/or P11
- A motivational letter
- Contact details of references holding a form of supervisory role from previous, relevant employments, who will be willing to submit a written reference upon request
- Performance Evaluations from previous employments
How to Apply
When recruitment is open, you can find the vacancies and their description in the DRC vacancies webpage, where you can also apply.
Once the recruitment process is finalized, we will inform all applicants about our decision. Because of the high amount of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to give individual feedback.
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited applications. Applications are only accepted through the application system for the Member Roster, the Humanitarian Logistics and Procurement Roster, and the Resettlement Roster. It is not possible to apply for the External Deployment Scheme.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview, either by video-conference over Skype or in our Headquarters in Copenhagen.
- On some occasions we invite short-listed candidates for a test prior to the interview. Hereafter, the candidate will be invited for an interview if the test results are good.
- Skills and professional competencies are explored by asking the candidate to elaborate further on his/her specific technical skills as well as more general capacities. We may also do language checks during the interview.
- Finally, the references provided by the candidate will be contacted by email.