Roster RecruitmentThe core objective of our recruitment is to find the right candidate for the right job at the right time.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Stand-by Roster manages four specialized rosters. The recruitment process is similar for both the Stand-by Member Roster and the Resettlement Roster, as described below. You can find more information on the External Roster and the EU Aid Volunteers Roster on the relevant pages provided.
We open up for recruitment when there is a need. This is determined by the number of UN requests we receive for specific technical areas/profiles and the number of active members in our database. You can find more information on the various technical areas here. The number of active members within a certain profile will reflect these requests.
The vacancies for our rosters are open for 3 weeks, and the recruitment procedure typically takes 3-4 months from beginning to end.
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited applications. Applications are only accepted through the application system for the Member Roster and the Resettlement Roster.
The following qualifications are taken into consideration as a minimum requirement for roster membership:
- Solid, technical experience matching one of the specialized profiles (see technical areas here).
- A minimum of 3 years international humanitarian field experience.
- Relevant educational background.
- Working experience from the UN.
- Proficiency in one, preferably two, UN languages. English is obligatory, while French, Spanish or Arabic is an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to refugee and IDP situations.
Priority may be given to the candidates with no other stand-by roster membership.
We encourage people from all nationalities to apply.
If there is a specific roster you are interested in, please see that page for more details.
The Application Process
Through the online application, we will ask for:
- An updated CV and/or P11.
- A motivational letter.
- Performance Evaluations from previous employment if possible.
Name and contact details for references will be requested later in the recruitment process.
Please note: We only accept online applications made through the official DRC recruitment system and only during open recruitment periods.
How to Apply
When recruitment is open, you can find the advertisements and their description in the DRC vacancies webpage, where you can also apply.
Once the recruitment process is finalized, we will inform all applicants about our decision. Because of the high amount of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to give individual feedback.
- We screen all applications including CVs and motivation letters
- We invite short-listed candidates for an online test, based on technical knowledge.
- If the test result is satisfactory, the candidate will be invited for an interview via Skype where knowledge of the technical area, humanitarian emergency programmes and motivation for joining the roster are explored at the interview. We may also conduct language checks during the interview.
- Finally, the references provided by the candidate will be contacted by email during the recruitment process.