Stand-by Member RosterThe DRC Stand-by Member Roster was the first of all DRC rosters and it is still the backbone of the DRC Stand-by Roster.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Stand-by Member Roster is comprised of almost 450 highly qualified experts of more than 70 nationalities with a variety of professional profiles and experiences. They are all committed, professional and high-performing humanitarian workers who can deploy to UN operations worldwide.
The DRC Member Roster is funded by Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Development Agency, Danida, and forms a part of the Danish International Humanitarian Rosters, which consists of Rosters managed by the DRC, the Danish Red Cross, and the Danish Médecins Sans Frontiéres (MSF). In total, the Danish International Humanitarian Rosters hold around 1000 members ready for fast deployment in a wide range of sectors. The DRC Member Roster deployments are however also financed by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
The DRC Member Roster contains a broad variety of competencies, however focuses on the core profiles; Protection (including Child Protection and GBV), Logistics, Humanitarian Affairs, Emergency Management, Camp Management, Shelter & Site Planning, WASH, Early Recovery, Food Security, Information Management and Cash & Voucher. Each profile is described here.
Becoming a Member
Membership and deployment through the DRC Member Roster offers extensive opportunities to make a difference in the lives of people in need. It holds both personal and professional challenges as well as a myriad of unique experiences.
As a member you will get the following:
- Deployment to United Nations operations, matching your professional profile.
- Professional capacity development through trainings offered by the DRC and United Nations agencies.
- An entry point for networking with other members and United Nations partners.
- Possibility for deployment to or employment in the DRC programs in one of the more than 40 countries where the DRC operates.
The DRC Stand-by Roster is open for all qualified candidates that have a minimum 3 years of relevant international humanitarian field experience within at least one of the above mentioned profiles.
Applications are only accepted during pre-set recruitment periods up to twice a year and only applications submitted through the DRC online application system are considered. Read more about the requirements and recruitment procedures here.
Membership Obligations and Conditions
Accepting membership of the DRC Member Roster implies accepting the following obligations:
1. The member has an obligation to always inform the DRC Stand-by Roster of changes in contact details and availability. Hence, any longer periods of unavailability must be shared with the DRC Stand-by Roster.
2. Accepting membership of the DRC Member Roster, allows the DRC Stand-by Roster to forward a P11 or CV to United Nations organizations and DRC programs at any time in relation to relevant positions without prior confirmation.
3. The member is required to self-nominate for at least one deployment within a two year period.
4. The DRC Stand-by Roster has the right to exclude a member if qualifications no longer match the demands of the United Nations or if performance during a deployment or training signed up for through the DRC Stand-by Roster is not satisfactory.
5. The member has to abide with the DRC's Code of Conduct as well as accept the DRC's values and standards. Both documents can be found on the right side of this page.