Business Engagement Initiative
Together, we can achieve a new phase of globalization - one that creates inclusive and sustainable markets, builds development and enhances international cooperation. Ban Ki-Moon (Fmr. UN General-Secretary)
Why partner with DRC?
- DRC is an international organization that works directly in more than 35 countries.
- We subscribe to the highest humanitarian standards and have consistently been ranked among the best NGOs in the world (see e.g. The Global Journal).
- We provide life-saving support in deep humanitarian crises without losing focus on the need for longer term solutions.
- We bring global outsight and local insight. DRC’s knowledge, presence and local acceptance offers a unique platform to foster innovation and product development.
- We are experts in working in fragile environments. As DRC understands the needs, the cultural context and the regulative requirements, we are well positioned to advise businesses which would like to expand or enter into fragile environments.
What can we achieve together?
There are many ways to get involved with the Danish Refugee Council.
Transformative cross-sector collaboration
DRC and its business partners collaborate towards mutually reinforcing goals through sharing knowledge and core competencies. This unique skill set creates opportunities to benefit refugees and IDPs that otherwise would not be possible.
Innovation and product development
DRC’s day to day experience in conflict affected areas brings the organization, together with its business partners, in the best position to innovate needed products and services targeted to the humanitarian market.
With pro-bono engagement, DRC’s business partners can directly address humanitarian needs. Utilizing their employee's skill set in field operations, enables business partners to directly impact DRC’s beneficiaries on ground. Companies will benefit through the employee’s new perspectives and insights gained through applying their skills in a completely different context.
For more inspiration read up on our ‘Stories from the field’.
How do I connect with a local DRC office?
Business partners are encouraged to contact the Head of Business Engagement Anders Bech Tharsgaard to start the discussion on partnership opportunities.
Meet some of our partners
Stories from the field
Soon to come.
- Shelter Testing with EverShelter
EverShelter is a company guided by a vision to provide dignified and safe shelter options for refugees and IDPs. To ensure technical performance, user satisfaction and logistical practicality, DRC works jointly with EverShelter and Danish Church Aid to test a newly developed shelter in field locations. The engagement with EverShelter underpins DRC’s vision to be at the forefront of humanitarian innovation.
- Community safety through the SAFETY LOCK AK-47 designed by Sylvia Holthen
Sylvia Holthen, an industrial designer based in Copenhagen, engaged with DRC/DDG to create the SAFETY LOCK AK-47, an immediate solution to the problem that 70% of all shots in Somalia are accidents due to unsecured weapons. The lock prevents accidents by blocking the trigger. As the weapon lock is produced locally, work for residents is generated and cultural acceptance of the product assured. The innovation partnership with Sylvia Holthen is not only beneficial in terms of improving a safety product, but also in regards to enhancing DRC/DDG’s community safety services.